The Deans Office Finance Unit is committed to providing professional financial advice, guidance and service to the UCSF School of Medicine Deans Office, SOM departments, Organized Research Units and affiliates.
The Unit aims:
- To communicate accurate and timely financial information at School-wide, Deans Office, and departmental levels.
- To work with other campus entities to improve campus financial systems and procedures.
- To ensure the efficient administration of financial resources.
- To execute financial oversight and coordination of School of Medicine funds, plant funds, clinical enterprise-related funds flow, and Medical Center/School strategic support financial services.
- To promote awareness of Accounting and School of Medicine procedures and policies.
- To promote awareness of accounting, financial procedures, and internal controls policies.
- To provide guidance and training to faculty and staff.
- To proactively strive to continually improve the quality of service.